Saturday, March 10, 2012

Recipe 33: Apple/Pear/Kale Baby Food

Because the mini-kiddo needs to eat too; AND, because I like to use the superfood that is kale... I made the following recipe. The fruit hides the blander (to a baby) taste of the kale.

Enjoy!


Apple/Pear/Kale Baby Food
GF, DF/CF, NF, SF, EF, CoF (BUT NOT MISSING TASTE!)


Ingredients:
Medium sauce pan of chopped kale
3 anjou pears

3 cortland apples

Instructions:
To cook the kale... boil in water until soft. Reserve the water.Peal and cut the apples and pears into cubes
Boil in "kale water" on stove until soft. Drain.


I use the same water because I have myself convinced that I'm boiling off some of the nutritional value of the kale and by ising the same water I might be able to reserve some of that. It may be silly... but it conserves water too... so there.

Let me know your thoughts!!

Naturally,

Raych

1 comment:

  1. I liked the idea of combination of anjou pears and cortland apples. It's really healthy and nutritious. Babies liked it so much.




    Cloth Diaper

    ReplyDelete