Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16: Semi-Homemade Honey BBQ Chicken

When I say "semi-homemade" I'm reffering to the sauce for this delicious chicken... the chicken, on the other hand, was raised in our front yard and VERY homemade :)

The BBQ sauce I used for the "semi" portion of this recipe was from Dinosaur BBQ, a restaurant in Syracuse, NY- near my sister. I purchased the sauce at Wegman's up there (my first taste of the greatness that is a Wegman's). Of course, I only mention my purchase location, because I managed to go to the nearest Wegman's to me today as well- 50 minutes away! It was ridiculously crowded and extremely overwhelming. It is supposedly the largest in the chain... but made me feel like I was in the mental overload Ikea version of a supermarket. Not as fun as shopping with my sister at a store where the customers are just "regulars". This store felt like a tourist attraction.

Since I have to go back to work tomorrow I thought I would make this blog short tonight... so onward to tonight's recipe!
Covered in Honey BBQ Good-ness



Honey BBQ Semi-Homemade Chicken Wings/Thighs
I can only guarantee GF- if you pick a GF BBQ sauce.

For the wings:

chicken wings (Approx 18) or Chicken Thighs (4)

Sea Salt

garlic powder

black pepper

chipotle pepper powder

cooking spray

From NY
For the Sauce:

1 cup barbecue sauce , I used Dinosaur BBQ

1/2 cup honey

2 tablespoons ketchup

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

 Directions:
Coat pan with non-stick spray
Lay out the wings or thighs

Season as liberally as you would like (that’s why I didn’t give #s)
Bake at 400 degrees until cooked through. This took me 45-50 minutes, but I used thighs AND Wings

While it is baking, combine the sauce ingredients well.
Once the chicken is cooked through, coat it with the sauce and return that to the oven for a couple of minutes.

I served mine with corn and brown rice. YUM!
Easy night- but hey, my family got a warm meal!
Let me know your thoughts?

Naturally,
Raych

No comments:

Post a Comment