Friday, January 27, 2012

Days 26 & 27: Bagel pizzas and cherry cupcakes.

Ok, so I may be cheating a little this time around by putting two posts together; but let me be honest, Thursday night's dinner was bagel pizza's (using Udi's brand bagels). Isaac, Henri and I were alone for the evening. Justin was working in Pittsburg. I thought it woudl be clever idea for somethin Isaac could help assemble. It was just sauce cheese and mushrooms (Isaac's favorite). We sat in front of the TV and watched kids shows. Not a bad- Mommy-son night at all! I figured you all didn't need a picture of my bagel pizza... not very creative... so I delayed wrtting my post until today.

Tonight I made Cherry angel-food cupcakes. They were originally destined to be cherry cupcakes, but the airy-ness of the result led me to call them angel food. Perhaps it was the quantities of sugar and tapioca starch that changed my plans.

PICTURE COMING SOON!
Cherry Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1cup white sugar

2 large eggs

½ cup brown rice flour

¾ cup tapioca

¼ cup potato starch

1/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp xanthan gum

1/3 cup canola oil

1 TBS cup milk

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 cup frozen cherries, (keep the juice from the melting cherries!)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine all ingredients, adding cherries and juice last. I mashed the cherries slightly while mixing.

Fill lined muffin/cupcake tin cups about 1/2 way (these expand quite a bit)

Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until center is cooked when you stick a toothpick in)


A pretty simple recipe. and a pretty short blog... but I'm off to prep for my saturday recipe. Check it out tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment