Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9: Chipotle Pulled Pork Tacos

No ta very long blog tonight, nor a very elaborate recipe, but I thought I'd share none-the-less :)

The recipe included in today's blog is actually quite a simple one. I use it often when I know I won't have a lot of time to cook when I get home from work. Isaac and Justin are both huge fans of taco nights- and this taco recipe has become a family favorite in a very short amount of time.

How much "pull" your pulled pork has is highly dependent on how long and slow you cook it in the crock pot. This particular time around, I had to do a speed version, so I had to cut the pork into thin slices, but it was still just as delicious.
I would have added a picture of the actual tacos, but my camera battery
died while my hubby and son were scarfing down their food!
Chipotle Pork Tacos
GF,DF/CF,NF, SF (Please be conscious of brands, some spice brands are not GF, NF or SF)

To make:
Prepare the outside of a pork loin or roast (based on your preference, but loins cook much faster, for those mommies in a rush).

You will need Chipotle Pepper spice (McCormick), Garlic Powder (or fresh minced garlic), salt, pepper and a very small pinch of cayenne if you like spice. If you are not a fan of hot and spicy, but just want the smokey flavor of the chipotle, then skip the cayenne.

Rub the entire outside of the pork with the spices, liberally.

Place in a crock pot




 Add 1/4 cup to the bottom of the pot. DO NOT POUR OVER THE TOP OF YOUR MEAT, YOU'LL LOSE THE SPICES!

Cook in crock pot all day until pork reaches a temp of 145 degrees or higher

We top our tacos with avocado, tomato, lettuce, shredded cheese and a semi-homemade chipotle ranch.

To make the ranch, combine 1/4 cup of ranch dressing with 1 1/2 tsp of chipotle seasoning.




The wine selection for the evening is another Georges DuBoef cheap table wine.. Moulin-A-Vent. This wine was VERY mild in taste... almost boring.









Let me know your thoughts! More delicious recipes coming your way tomorrow!

Naturally,

Raych

No comments:

Post a Comment