Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: No-Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

We spent this evening at my parents house, so access to my blog was limited (so, while this was typed on the right day, I'm actually going to be posting this on Saturday). We had a nice ham dinner- which will bring me to Saturday's recipe with the leftovers- split pea soup- but more on that later!

I have to admit that today's recipe is actually my mom's recipe... and I'm sure that she stole it from someone else. Since we had dinner at their house tonight, I did not have to cook. Instead, I made the following quick little recipe to satisfy some serious chocolate cravings. It is by no means a healthy recipe, but SO yummy!
My husband, Justin, enjoying his No-Bake cookie :)

Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
Contains Dairy, Peanut and Oats

1 stick of butter (1/4 Cup)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C Cocoa
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Milk
2 C White sugar
3 C GF Oats (I used Bob's Red Mill again- it's easier to access)

Bring the butter, cocoa, vanilla, sugar, milk and peanut butter to a boil.
Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly (or it will burn to your pan).
Remove from heat and immediately mix in the oats. You may need to add a little more oats, since I've notice GF oats just don't sop up the mixure quite the same.
Drop teaspoon size gobs of the mixture on to wax paper or parchment covered baking sheets.
Allow to cool and harden.
Enjoy!

I promise Saturday will be a much more elaborate recipe, but let me know your thoughts on this one!


Naturally,
Raych

No comments:

Post a Comment