Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 31: Blueberry Glazed Pork Loin

I know... it sounds like a bizarre combination of flavors tonight. I had blueberries in the refrigerator that I needed to create some recipe out of. I knew I would need berries for Henri's baby food (in my day 30 recipe), but what to do with the leftovers? I looked up savory berry recipes and found one that used pork chops... raspberries... and wine... all of which I could substitute for. While it would provide for a different flavor, it gave me a jumping off point.

What I ended up with is below...



Blueberry Glazed Pork Loin
GF, CF/DF, CoF, SF, NF, EF

Ingredients:
1 small pork loin (about 1- 1.5 lbs)

1 tsp garlic powder

1 1/2 cups blueberries,

2/3 cup chopped (about ½ of a medium size) onion,

¼ C Apple Juice

2 tablespoons agave,

1 TBS balsamic vinegar and

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 tsp thyme


Instructions:

Sprinkle the pork loin with a little garlic powder

Sear the pork loin in a sauté pan with olive oil then transfer to a baking dish

Bake at 350 until cooked thoroughly

Combine blueberries, chopped onion, apple juice, agave, balsamic vinegar, pepper and thyme in a blender or food processor.

Cook over medium heat until liquid reduces by about 1/3. This takes about 10 minutes.

Serve the pork sliced with a little bit of berry mixture on it. Delicious!



We had roasted red potatoes and green beans with this meal as well.
Let me know your thoughts!

Naturally,

Raych

No comments:

Post a Comment