Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25: General Tso's Chicken w/ Zucchini on the side

What I like most about the vaguely named "Asian" cuisine section of the grocery store is that much of it is gluten free. Of course, you have to read labels carefully, as wheat is OFTEN added into soy sauce- however, I love being able to find various mixes and rice noodles to experiment with. This evening, as I shopped with my mini-man, I found a packet of spices for General Tso's chicken. This made me immediatly crave PF Chang's... so I bought it.



The packet/brand used for
tonight's dinner
You really won't need an ingredients list for this one... as the recipe is right on the package of spices.What I can tell you, is that I subbed in tapioca starch for the flour that the recipe called for. I am in no way claiming that this mix is 100% gluten free. The ingredients appear to be, but I did not get a chance to do a company call. Also important to note, companies very often change ingredients without notice. Needless to say, I wouldn't have made the reccomendation if I had gotten sick... and so far I'm good! This meal has inspired me to make my own G-Tso's GF chicken sometime soon!


On the side tonight, I baked up some sliced zucchini with garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Cooked at 350 until soft. The whoel dish was served with brown rice.

if anyone has a delicious from scratch G-Tso's Chicken recipe, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share it with me. I'd love to try it out!

Naturally,

Raych


***This just in... according to posts on celiac.com, this brand of GTso's seasoning IS indeed GF!! YUMMMMM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment