Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28: Carrot Cupcakes

This afternoon I was responsible for making the dessert for dinner at my paretns house. I neeed somethign that Isaac could help me make, while Justin and Henri were napping. We decided to attempt carrot cake, since Isaac LOVES carrots.
Here is the recipe... before we head off to the 'rents :)

Isaac showing you how to bake
 


Carrot Cupcakes

Ingredients:1 cup sugar

2 eggs

2/3 cup veggie oil

1 tbs vanilla

½ cup tapioca starch

1 cup brown rice flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking powder

1 ¾ cups of grated carrots (I ran some baby carrots through the food processor)

½ cup of walnuts (I used halved walnuts, then Isaac slammed a spoon into a Ziploc filled with the ½ cup- thouroughly enjoyed by all… especially Daddy and Henri- who were trying to sleep)

Instructions:
Combine eggs, sugar and oils in a stand-mixer

Combine all of the dry ingredients and sift in to the egg mixture

Gently blend in the carrots and chopped walnuts.

Bake at 350 for approxzimately 12-15 minutes, or until cakes are firm to the touch.


We topped ours off with cream cheese frosting.




Naturally,

Raych

No comments:

Post a Comment